Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Birdie's Life

I was the very lady most know as Christy; young, restless, a blatant disrespect for rules and commitments, and periodically daring all consequences to catch up to my actions. Centuries have passed, and I haven't quite changed a bit.

It was a time where months were pegged to futile work and frivolous dates, all but a sustenance to fill a void soul. Given an opportunity to return to the past, there's just so many things I wanna make right.

It was in the fall of this evening, I disrespected my Tuesday by heading home early straight after work. On my way home, with the wait at the traffic, while my attention span being so grossly limited with idiotic people kept crossing into my path, my eyes met at this black crow-look-alike creature. Its a birdie, trying to cross the road.

Birdie was hopping senselessly (but fast), and at times i caught it tweaking its head to the left as if its watching out for any oncoming cars. Maybe it was. I constantly reminded myself that its wrong to be wishing Birdie a traffic accident, but I also know that it is a cardinal sin to be wasting a smashing gory scene. I'm sicko, I know.

That aside, at that instance, I have also wondered why Birdie chose to hop, when it could have FLOWN & SOARED across the road & above the cars! NO. Birdie is not a risk-taker. Its really just dumb. We don't call anyone dumb a bird-brain for no reasons.

This blog didn't seem to gel and make sense eh.. but thats me. My life seldom gels and is a layer of contradictions.

But its all satisfying, after all the writing.

Oh.. my younger sis just called from Beijing. Damn.. I miss her soooo much.

No comments: