Sunday, May 6, 2007

The Return

The benevolent and melting smile he displayed while approaching me.. intensely warms my heart. He is ever so gentle in his tonality & gestures, that I couldn't resist listening to him. He advised me on the lessons of life.. wisdom he would have accumulated over his painful years. The once bashful & autocratic person he is, today we can barely sense or succumb to any seemingly threats. Not forgetting to mention, he has aged, with accompanying hair peppered with whites and feeble knees he has developed. He used to toil in work during his youngers days..that he attributes his ailing health to. And his recent accomplishment - brand new black & sleek Mercs E230 - sexy! I'm simply proud & glad for him. And despite the paths & choices he would have chosen in the past, I know I can never disacknowledge him. At times, learning to accept things in life, is much courageous and gracious than one discernibly can understand & do.
I love him.
My father.

No comments: